Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mike Shorten. Write-In Candidate for Illinois Governor

With the general election only a little more than a week away we are faced with an all too familiar choice when we step into the voting booth to cast our vote for Illinois Governor, which of the candidates is the lesser of the two evils?
If you are troubled by that choice, I'd like to present to you a third choice; cast your vote for me, Mike Shorten, as Illinois Governor on November 7th!

Why would you do that, you ask? Good Question! Here's my quick pitch:

  • I'll provide a 'fresh look' viewpoint that is missing from within the high levels of government.
  • I'll try to be available to you as much as possible to hear your ideas thoughts and opinions.
  • I'll work to return the government to the people of this state.
  • You won't have to worry about me beholden to anyone, as I am not accepting contributions for this campaign.
  • I'm not sure if taxes will rise or fall, but I will do everything that I can to reduce the burden of taxation on all households.
  • If I do a really bad job, you can go ahead and elect the lesser of two evils back into office in four more years.

Would you like to find out more about me? Please visit my website at www.shorten4gov.com to read up and sign up so I can reach you more effectively as we get closer to the election.
I'll need at least 1.2 million votes to win so I need to reach as many people as possible in a short amount of time, so whether or not you support me in this election, I would ask that you forward this e-mail to friends and family so that if they are as frustrated as most people, they will know that there is an option. Have any questions or comments, e-mail me at mike.shorten@gmail.com or leave me a message at 815-301-1962; I'll try to respond personally, but that will depend on how many messages I get.

Thanks for your consideration

Mike Shorten
Crystal Lake, IL

No comments: